Registering a birth
You should make arrangements to register as soon as possible after the birth.
- Your registration interview will be by telephone.
- The registrar will arrange a time for you to visit the Register Offices, to check and sign the register page.
- Your appointment to sign the register will take place with social distancing measures in place.
- You will need to bring a blue or black biro/ball point pen to sign with.
- In line with Government guidelines (gov.uk), face coverings must be worn by all visitors to our Register Offices. You may be asked to temporarily remove your face covering for identification purposes.
- Order birth certificates online, after the page is signed.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.