Information for families
How to keep a child safe
- Report a concern about a child’s safety
- Housing advice for young people
- How to get help if a child feels stressed, anxious or down
- Concerned a child is at risk of radicalisation?
- More on how to keep a child safe
Schools and admissions
- Applying for a school place
- What are the term dates and school holidays?
- Can I take holidays in term time?
- Who can I talk to about my teenager’s behaviour?
- How to make a complaint about a school or college
- More on schools and admissions
- Can I get funded childcare?
- Where can young carers find support?
- Where can I find childcare for children with special educational needs and disability?
- Help with childcare costs
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Find what’s available in East Sussex – the Local Offer
- Where can I get independent advice or advocacy?
- Leisure card for young people with disabilities (0–25) – The i-go scheme
- More on SEND
Teenagers and young people
- Young person looking for advice and information? C360, the East Sussex County Council website for young people
- Find family support for teenagers and young people