COVID-19 weekly monitoring report
A message from the Director of Public Health
Last updated 21 October 2021
- Weekly rates continue to increase across England, the South East and East Sussex in the most recent week of data
- Cases are particularly high in children aged 10 to 19
- Government have ruled out the Plan B option for now although weekly rates are being carefully monitored.
Although Government have ruled out Plan B for now, you can still take action to protect yourself and others.
How to protect yourself and others
- If you are feeling ‘a bit off’, or you ‘just have a winter sniffle’ take a test to be sure.
- Keep the Test &Trace App to check when you might have been at risk
- Take a rapid test twice a week.
- Take a PCR test if you have symptoms.
- Take a PCR test if you are a close contact of a confirmed case.
- Isolate if you have symptoms or have tested positive.
- Get your two jabs.
- Take advantage of a booster if you are eligible.
Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air
Wash your hands for 20 seconds. Wear a mask in crowded spaces. Be sensible about social distancing. Put on a jumper and keep the window open.
Darrell Gale, Director of Public Health