The Local Tracing Partnership: supporting NHS Test and Trace
The Local Tracing Partnership supports the national NHS Test and Trace service across East and West Sussex.
Why the Local Tracing Partnership might contact you
If you have tested positive for coronavirus, the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you. They will give you advice and get details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
However, if they have been unable to contact you within 24 hours, your case will be passed to our local team who will try to contact you.
Based in COVID-19 Community Hub in West Sussex, the local service is open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm at weekends and bank holidays.
You may be eligible for financial support through the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme.
How the Local Tracing Partnership service will contact you
We will contact you by text, phone, email or letter:
- Text messages will come from COVIDTRACE (you cannot reply to these text messages).
- Calls will come from 01323 432466 and inbound calls can be made to this number.
- Emails will come from West Sussex County Council Local COVID Tracing Partnership. (You cannot reply to these messages).
We may contact children under 18 by phone when necessary. We may ask for their parent or guardian’s permission to continue the call.
Please do not contact us regarding Test and Trace unless we have contacted you about your test.
If we fail to contact you via text or phone, in exceptional circumstances a member of our partner services may be sent to your residence in person to make contact.
What information will the Local Tracing Partnership service ask for?
- Your name, date of birth and postcode.
- If you live with other people.
- Any places you’ve been recently, such as a workplace or school.
- Names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details). The details of these contacts will be entered into the national NHS Test and Trace system for the national team to contact these individuals directly.
Important: the Local Tracing Partnership service will not ask:
- for bank details or payments
- for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- you to set up a password or PIN over the phone
- you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
See the latest information and guidance on potential COVID-19 scams [795.7 KB] [pdf].
Support if you need to self-isolate
If you need to self-isolate, support is available from the community hubs.