Council housing and exchanges
To find out what council housing is available and if you qualify, contact your local district or borough council:
- Eastbourne Borough Council – Housing
- Hastings Borough Council – Housing
- Lewes District Council – Housing
- Rother District Council – Housing
- Wealden District Council – Housing
Council housing allocation schemes
Local district and borough councils allocate housing and give priority to those in need.
The local councils will:
- provide a housing application form
- assess if you are eligible for council housing
- prioritise those in need
- advise you what priority you have for housing.
Exchanging your council property
Whether or not you can do this will depend on your local district or borough council:
'Right to buy' scheme
It allows secure council tenants to buy their home at a reduced price or market value, depending how long they have been a tenant.
For more information about the Right to Buy scheme contact the council for your area, or visit their website: