Help with your housing and staying in your own home
There are services to help you if you are:
- at risk of losing your home for reasons such as domestic abuse, relationship breakdown, money or health issues
- already homeless or living temporary accommodation, such as a bed and breakfast or hostel
- living in poor quality or unsuitable accommodation
This includes help to manage your housing issues – from debts and benefits, repairs, landlords and neighbours – to getting support to manage your mental health or substance misuse.
Don’t put it off – it is never too soon to ask for help.
- STEPS to stay independent is a free and confidential housing support service for people aged 60 or over. You can self-refer to STEPS.
- Home Works is a free and confidential housing support service for people aged 16 to 59. You will need to be referred by a professional.
Both services offer short term advice and support to help you:
- look into more suitable accommodation
- deal with tenancy and mortgage worries
- keep warm and reduce energy bills
- ensure your home is safe
- manage household bills and debts
- obtain daily living equipment
How to contact STEPS
If you live in Eastbourne, Lewes or Wealden, contact STEPS West:
Telephone: 01323 636 448
Text: 01323 636 448
If you live in Hastings or Rother, contact STEPS East:
Telephone: 01424 718 984
Text: 01424 718 984
To find out more, visit: STEPS – Brighton Housing Trust
How to contact Home Works
Home Works only accepts referrals from professionals.
For details on how to access the service, visit: Home Works – Brighton Housing Trust.