Town and village greens

How do I search the registers

  • In person – the register can be searched in person for free by appointment. To make an appointment contact the Rights of Way team, about searching the common land and town or village green registers.

  • Online – those who make regular searches may prefer to request details online from the: national land information service.

  • Ask us – for a small fee we can do the search for you. Applications must be made in writing. See the: common land and town or village green registers, searches.

To search for common land or village greens in the  Brighton & Hove area, contact: Brighton & Hove, city council.