1. Home
  2. Environment
  3. Report an environmental health problem

Report an environmental health problem

There are many areas that the environmental health teams at your district or borough council deal with. These are

  • bonfires
  • fining dog owners who do not clean up after their pets
  • cleaning graffiti off council owned properties
  • fly-posting
  • removal of fly-tipping and waste on highways in East Sussex. For example; roads, pavements or lay-bys, parks and grass verges and council car parks
  • pest control – including rats, mice and insects.
  • excessive noise in your neighbourhood

Find out more information from your local district or borough council

For water supply, drains or sewage issues, see details on how to contact your local water company.

For larger incidents of fly-tipping, including chemical spillage, report fly-tipping or illegal waste dumping - GOV.UK.

If you catch someone in the act of graffitiing – call the police on 999.