Apprenticeship levy transfer funding
East Sussex County Council support local employers to take on new apprentices and develop the skills of existing employees. We do this by transferring apprenticeship levy funds that we’re not using.
When can I apply?
We will review levy transfer funding applications for 8 weeks, starting Monday 6 July 2020.
Applications will be accepted between Monday 6 July and Friday 28 August 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this will be the only time that we will be accepting new applicants in 2020.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be one of the following:
- an East Sussex business or organisation
- an East Sussex voluntary, community or social enterprise (VCSE)
- an East Sussex school that doesn’t pay into the council’s apprenticeship levy
You must also:
- be registered on the apprenticeship service – contact us for help to register
- meet the requirements in the apprenticeship funding rules on GOV.UK.
How we decide
Priority will be given if the entrant is one of the following:
- new entrant to apprenticeships/entering employment
- young person, aged 18 to 25
- care leaver.
In East Sussex, applications for these key sectors will be prioritised:
- Health and social care
- Creative and digital
- Visitor economy/hospitality
- Land-based (eg agriculture, horticulture, viticulture).
How to apply
You can apply for funding before recruiting your apprentice. We will not transfer the funds until you know who your apprentice will be.
The training provider also needs to confirm they’ll accept the apprentice before we transfer the funds.
You will need:
- the name, level and duration of the apprenticeship course
- the cost of training and assessing your apprentice
- details of the training provider
- details of which strategic priority aims the apprenticeship will meet.
Apply for apprenticeship levy transfer funding(opens new window) (RTF, 444k)
Email completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll contact you within two weeks of the deadline to let you know the outcome of your application.
If there are not enough funds to cover all the applications that meet the selection criteria, we’ll decide who’s the best fit. We’ll base this on the strategic priority aims and how much the applicant is asking for.
If you have any questions, email the Apprenticeship team.