Apply to be a library volunteer
There are lots of different volunteering roles in our local libraries. You could try:
- Bookends bookshop volunteer – serving customers and managing stock at the bookshop in Eastbourne Library.
- Code Club volunteer mentor – helping children to learn computer coding in a library setting.
- Computer buddy – helping people to use computers in the library.
- Family history volunteer – a great opportunity for a family history expert to share their skills and knowledge with library customers.
- Home library service volunteer – choosing, packing and delivering library materials to people who are unable to get to a library easily.
- IT for You trainer – helping customers to learn basic IT skills to improve their access to services and employment.
- Library customer support volunteer – providing a warm welcome to all customers, guiding them to the correct area of the library, signposting to appropriate services and helping with self-service machines and photocopying when required.
- Rhymetime and Storytime volunteer – leading Rhymetime and Storytime sessions for babies, toddlers and their parents/carers in the library on a regular basis.