Libraries COVID updates
What services are available?
We currently offer essential computer sessions for those needing for example to claim universal credit, reservations from the library catalogue and a Select + Collect service. 20 items can be borrowed, and you can keep them initially for at least 6 weeks, however we are keeping return dates under review to ensure items don’t become overdue. Collection of reservations and select and collect items can be made at the entrance of your chosen pickup location. Further details of the available services are outlined below:
Reservations: Choose specific titles from our library catalogue
- Customers can place Reservations for items on our library catalogue, except for DVDs and Music CDs.
- Reservations can be made either at our online library or by phone on 0345 80 60 196. Reservations will be limited to 10 items per customer and there will be no charge for this service for the time being
- Reservations can be picked up from the front entrance of any of the 17 East Sussex County Council libraries across East Sussex.
Select + Collect: Have a member of staff pick items for you
- Choose to have books picked by library staff from the type of book/author you like or use the online catalogue to see which books are available.
- Contact us online or phone our enquiries line, 0345 80 60 196, to order a selection of books for collection at one of our libraries.
- Your books will be ready for collection after 5 calendar days and we’ll notify you when they’re ready to collect from your chosen library.
- Pop along to the library you selected as your pick-up location to collect your books. You may have to queue outside at busy times.
- Please let the staff on the door know that you are there to pick up your books and show your library card for identification. The books will already be issued to your account and you won’t need to go into the library to collect your books.
- Books can be returned via the book drops outside the library you collected them from.
- From 5 January 2021, visitor and hotel parking permits will be posted to the address registered on your permit account. This is limited to 3 books (30 permits) per application. When your application has been approved and the permits paid for online they will be posted. At this current time, we are unable to accept cash payments.
- We are working to restore a safe method of one to one support for customers, but in the meantime if you require any assistance, please contact the Parking Information Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01273 335500.