Children under 16
Children’s library cards
Under 16s need an adult aged over 18 to bring proof of address to the library. A parent or guardian is best as they will be responsible for the items you borrow and any charges.
Children aged 8 to 15 who visit the library alone can join. A letter will be sent to your parent or guardian to request they bring in proof of address to complete the registration.
Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Under 16s can borrow:
- 20 items, including 6 audio visual items:
- Books for 3 weeks loan
- Spoken word CDs for 3 weeks loan
- CDs for 1 week loan (fee applies)
- DVDs for 1 week loan (fee applies)
- 20 music scores for 3 months
- 20 play sets for 6 weeks
- 2 language courses for 6 weeks
- 1 home electricity monitor for 3 weeks
Your parent or guardian will also need to sign a consent form so you can use the library computers. Website content is filtered for children but this doesn’t always block unsuitable material.
Foster carers and childcare professionals
Special library cards are available for various groups, organisations and people. Please ask your local library staff for details.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.