Volunteering roles in libraries
IT for You volunteer trainer
IT for You trainers help customers to improve their IT skills so that they can better access services, support and employment opportunities. You will tutor customers on how to access and use the Internet and other computer functions, either on a pre-booked or drop-in basis, in one-to-one and group training sessions. This role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills. You will receive full training.
- Helping customers set up and learn to use email accounts.
- Helping customers learn how to access online information.
- Helping customers learn how to complete online forms.
- Helping customers develop their digital confidence.
- Helping customers use specific online resources relevant to their requirements.
- Completing a small amount of paperwork for our project partners.
Skills and experience
- Customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Friendly and patient manner.
- Familiarity with using the Internet, email and basic web searching.
- Reliable and punctual timekeeping.
- Desire to learn.
- Training provided on specific online resources and on how to lead group training sessions.
- The minimum age for this role is 18 years.