Volunteering roles in libraries
Summer Reading Challenge volunteer
The Summer Reading Challenge encourages children aged 4 to 12 to read six books during the summer holiday.
Working in the library, the Summer Reading Challenge Volunteer encourages children to enrol in the challenge, and motivates them to continue by giving out rewards for each book read.
- Helping children with online registration when required
- Handing out reading rewards
- Talking to children aged 4–12 years and their parents/guardians about books and reading
- Motivating and encouraging children to complete the challenge
- Helping to collate statistics at the end of the challenge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A friendly and patient manner
- Customer focus
- Basic Literacy
- Outgoing and confident
- Ability to record information accurately
- Reliable and punctual
Training will be given.
The minimum age for this role is 13 years.