Online library help
2. Renewing library loans
Record Breakers summer reading challenge has started – join online or at any library.
Renewing your loans
Use your library card and PIN to renew books and other loans up to five times online. You can also renew by phoning 03456080195.
You cannot renew DVDs, titles reserved by other library members, or ebooks and audiobooks (these stop working after three weeks and you’ll need to download them again).
To renew your loans:
- Sign in on the online library homepage or using the link under ‘Members’ on the left-hand side.
- You’ll be taken to My account: summary page.
- Under the Loans section, click the link to display all ‘Current loans’.
- To renew individual loans tick the box beside for each loan you want to renew, then click ‘Renew selections’.
- To renew all your current loans click ‘Renew all’.
- Your list of loans will be updated showing whether your renewal succeeded in the status column – please make a note of the new due date for each loan.
- Some renewals may not be successful, and the reason will be given in the status column.
Note: ‘Current loans’ includes anything you have which is overdue – any overdue items will also be listed separately under an alert at the top of the My account: summary page.
Renewal charges and fines
Please take care when renewing – your titles will be renewed immediately when you click the ‘Renew’ buttons and any charges added on your account (like hire charges for audiobooks and overdue charges for late loans). These charges cannot be refunded and should be paid on your next visit to the library.
Any outstanding fines and charges will be listed under an alert that appears on the My account: summary page. You can pay by cash, cheque or credit card.
Renewing titles from libraries outside East Sussex
To renew titles borrowed from libraries outside East Sussex, or check if there are any special limits on these loans, please contact your local library.