On street parking in Eastbourne
There are different types of bays within the controlled parking areas in Eastbourne. Signs next to the bays tell you which type they are and any time restrictions.
By displaying a valid pay & display ticket, or paying for parking using RingGo you can park in:
- pay & display bays
- shared use bays (permit holders and pay & display parking).
Most pay and display machines accept both card and coin payment, or you can pay using RingGo, our cashless parking mobile phone service. <-- to link
Other types of bays such as permit holders only, disabled bays and taxis operate at all times unless the sign states otherwise.
Blue Badge parking
For details about where you can park if you have a Blue Badge, see the national guidance on Where can I park?
In Eastbourne, blue badge holders can park:
- in designated Blue Badge parking bays up to the maximum stay permitted
- in shared use bays or pay and display bays without time limit or payment
- for up to 3 hours on a single or double yellow line with the clock set to show the time of arrival, and where loading restrictions are not in force.
You should always refer to local restrictions. Contact the parking team <-- to link for information on concessions.
Restrictions in car parks may be different, refer to the signs in the car park when parking.
Maps of Eastbourne and parking charges
Eastbourne town centre zones [1.0 MB] [pdf]
Eastbourne zones J M and R [894.3 KB] [pdf]
Eastbourne on street Pay & Display parking bays [1.7 MB] [pdf]
- Town centre (zones A, G, M and S except along the seafront and Wilmington Square) – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
- Seafront (zone N, part of zone S and Wilmington Square) – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday.
Unless otherwise stated, all parking controls apply on bank holidays. Parking charges do not apply on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.
This table below shows the pay and display charges for Eastbourne from 1 July 2020.
|Short and medium lengths of stay||Short and medium lengths of stay||2 hours maximum stay||4 hours maximum stay|
|Long stay and coach parking||Seafront (maximum stay 23 hours and 55 mins) Summer*||Seafront (maximum stay 23 hours and 55 mins) Winter**||Coach bay|
*Summer tariff 1 April – 31 October
**Winter tariff 1 November – 31 March
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.