Our commitment is to provide a parking service that is helpful, fair but firm while working towards achieving excellence.
To be helpful
- We will mark streets and car parks as clearly as possible to show where you can and cannot park.
- Civil enforcement officers will give advice on parking and how to park safely within the restrictions.
- All staff will treat customers with respect and courtesy and will expect the same in return.
To be fair
- We will ensure that enforcement is carried out fairly and consistently.
- We will take photographs to support the issuing of a penalty charge notice where possible.
- We will review our policies and guides regularly.
To be firm
- All challenges against penalty charge notices will be considered in line with our policies.
- We will act to recover debts owed to the Council for non payment of penalty charge notices.
- We will work to protect all staff from abuse and violence.
To achieve excellence
- We will respond to all enquiries promptly.
- We will be clear and concise in our explanations and always use plain English.
- We will regularly review communication to improve access to parking information.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.