Cashless parking in Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings, Battle, Bexhill and Rye
Cashless parking is available in areas of Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings, Bexhill, Battle and Rye. This is a mobile phone service that provides a simple alternative to pay and display parking.
It does not replace pay and display parking. Traditional machines are still available that accept coin and card payments. We hope this will benefit visitors and residents across the county, and be a more environmentally friendly way of parking.
Pay to park by mobile phone – RingGo
This mobile phone service is called RingGo. It lets drivers pay for parking by credit or debit card via smartphone app, text message or phone call, rather than using cash at a ticket machine. It means:
- you do not need to carry coins
- you do not have to visit a ticket machine
- you do not need to walk back with a parking ticket – Civil Enforcement Officers can check vehicles with their handheld devices
- you can top up your parking time without returning to your car.
Where to park
- RingGo parking locator – find parking in Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings, Battle, Bexhill and Rye and location codes for each site.
- Find on street parking – information about parking in these towns.
Register with RingGo
We recommend that you register before you travel, either through the RingGo website or smartphone users can download an app. You will be asked to provide:
- number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- credit or debit card details.
Alternatively you can register when you park using the RingGo apps or by calling 0203 046 0060. Please see the website or App's for:
- Register on - RingGo
- Apple phones – download app from iTunes
- Android phones – download app from Google Play
- Windows phones – download app from Windows Phone Store
How to pay when you park
After you’ve registered RingGo remembers your mobile phone number and the information you have already given. So when you pay to park, you only have to give:
- location code number – this will be shown on signposts in the area where you park
- how long you want to park
- three digit security code on the back of your credit or debit card.
Ways to pay
- Smartphone app – open the app on your phone and enter the details above.
- Automated phone service – use your mobile phone to call the number on the signs where you want to park. You will be asked you to confirm the vehicle you want to park as well as the details above.
- ‘Text to park’ messages – send a text message to 81025 containing the details above in this format ‘RingGo 4930 3h 987’ to park your vehicle for three hours at that location (you must pre-register to use this option).
- Internet on mobile, tablet or computer – sign in and complete the details at RingGo park
It is free to register with RingGo and to download apps.
You pay a 20p convenience charge on top of the normal parking charges.
If you call or text RingGo you are charged the standard rate, often included within your mobile phone package. If you use ‘text to park’ you pay for the text message and 10p for the summary text message which you automatically receive confirming your parking session details.
Optional confirmation messages and reminder texts, like when your session is about to run out, cost 10p per message.
Extend your parking session
Unlike normal parking, RingGo lets you extend your stay up to the maximum time allowed without returning to your vehicle. Just contact RingGo again on your phone and the service will ask you:
- how long you want to extend
- what your card security code is.
Get a VAT receipt
Sign into the RingGo website to view and print VAT receipts for your parking. Go to the Settings section and add your email address if you want to receive an email receipt every time you park.
For more information about using this service, watch the YouTube video or see RingGo help
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.