On street parking in Hastings
There are different types of bays within the controlled parking areas in Hastings. Signs next to the bays tell you which type they are and any time restrictions.
By displaying a valid pay and display ticket, or paying for parking using RingGo, our cashless parking mobile phone service, you can park in:
- pay and display bays
- shared use bays (permit holders and pay and display parking).
Most pay and display machines accept both card and coin payment, or you can pay using RingGo.
Other types of bays such as permit holders only, disabled bays and taxi bays operate at all times unless the sign states otherwise.
Blue badge parking
For details about where you can park if you have a blue badge, see the national guidance on Where can I park?
In Hastings, blue badge holders can park:
- in designated blue badge parking bays up to the maximum stay permitted
- in shared use bays or pay and display bays without time limit or payment
- for up to three hours on a single or double yellow line with the clock set to show the time of arrival, and where loading restrictions are not in force.
You should always refer to local restrictions. Contact the parking team for information on concessions.
Restrictions in car parks may be different, refer to the signs in the car park when parking.
Maps of Hastings and parking charges
Map of Hastings and St Leonards parking areas – A, K and S [260.1 KB] [pdf]
Map of Hastings and St Leonards parking areas – J, O and W [817.0 KB] [pdf]
Hastings on-street Pay & Display parking bay locations [1.9 MB] [pdf]
- A, B, C, D, E, F – 9am to 8pm, on all days, permit holders only
- G, H, I, K, L – 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday, shared use
- J – 8am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday, permit holders only
- O – 3pm to 7pm, Monday to Saturday, permit holders only
- S – 11am to 1pm, Monday to Friday, permit holders only
- W – 9am to 8pm, on all days, permit holders only.
Note 1: Area H – Lower Park Road (north east side) 9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday, shared use
Note 2: Area F – Old London Road 9am to 8pm on all days, shared use
Unless otherwise stated, all parking controls apply on bank holidays. Parking charges do not apply on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.
The table below shows the pay and display charges for Hastings from 1 July 2020. There is a document below the table to show the different parking areas.
*Summer tariff 1 April – 31 October
**Winter tariff 1 November – 31 March
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.