On street parking in Lewes
There are different types of bays within the controlled parking areas in Lewes. Signs next to the bays tell you which type they are and any time restrictions.
By displaying a valid pay & display ticket, or paying for parking using RingGo, our cashless parking mobile phone service, you can park in:
- pay & display bays
- shared use bays (permit holders and pay & display parking).
Most pay and display machines accept both card and coin payment, or you can pay using RingGo.
Other types of bays such as permit holders only, disabled bays and taxi bays operate at all times unless the sign states otherwise.
Blue badge parking
For details about where you can park if you have a blue badge, see the national guidance on Where can I park?
In Lewes, blue badge holders can park:
- in designated blue badge parking bays up to the maximum stay permitted
- in shared use bays or pay and display bays without time limit or payment
- for up to three hours on a single or double yellow line with the clock set to show the time of arrival, and where loading restrictions are not in force
- in permit bays without time limit or payment.
You should always refer to local restrictions. Contact the parking team for information on concessions.
Restrictions in car parks may be different, refer to the signs in the car park when parking.
Maps of Lewes and parking charges
Lewes on street parking bays and location of car parks [891.4 KB] [pdf]
Lewes and Falmer parking zones [672.6 KB] [pdf]
Lewes permit eligibility areas [848.2 KB] [pdf]
- Lewes town (zones B, C, D and HS) – 9am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday
- Lewes town (zone A) – 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Lewes zone E – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday (some parts of zone E are Monday to Friday)
Charges do not apply on bank holidays.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.