1. Home
  2. Parking
  3. Parking permits
  4. Lewes and Falmer parking permits
  5. Hotels and guests house permits - Lewes

Hotels and guests house permits - Lewes

All Temporary changes to parking and permits during the coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak have now ended.

These permits are for hotel and guest house owners to give to their overnight guests

Who can use the permit?

Hotel guest permits allow overnight guests to park in the controlled parking zone during their stay.

You should buy your permits in advance to issue to guests when required. Your application will need to be submitted with a headed letter showing your hotel or guest house address and the number of permits you are applying for.

The permits are scratch cards, which your guests will need to validate to show the date of use and the vehicle registration. Full instructions are shown on the permits.

Where can my guests park?

Download Lewes and Falmer parking zones [672.6 KB] [pdf]

Guests with a valid permit can park in ‘shared use’ and ‘permit holder only’ bays within the correct zone for the permit. They are valid on the date that is scratched off and up to 10am the next day. Your guests do not need a permit on bank or public holidays.

They are not valid in any other bay or in any off street car park.

Permits for zone HS will also be valid for one other zone, which is shown on the map above.

Having a permit does not guarantee a parking space.

The use of hotel guest permits will be regularly monitored to make sure parking reflects compliance with these terms.

Permits must be clearly displayed so that all the details can be read by a civil enforcement officer.

How much do they cost?

They cost £2 each and can be bought in books of ten.

Permits are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable.

Payment can be made online when your application is approved. Or once you have received confirmation that your application has been approved you can pay at one of these libraries:

If you want to collect your permits from the library in Eastbourne or Hastings instead you will need to let us know when you make your application.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.