How to become a Licensed Venue for Civil Marriage and Civil Partnership
Please ensure that you have read these notes before applying to license your venue.
Before completing the application form you must:
- Be satisfied that no planning permission is necessary for the venue to hold marriage or civil partnership ceremonies on the premises
- Have a copy of the plan of the premises, clearly showing the room/rooms to be used for ceremonies and pre-marriage interviews
- Have a copy of the Public Liability insurance.
- Have a fire risk assessment
- Have the appropriate fee for this application, payable by card, cheque or BACS.
- Cheques should be made payable to East Sussex County Council.
- To make payment by card or BACS contact Carole Bailey, Registration Support Officer on 01273 481107.