How to become a Licensed Venue for Civil Marriage and Civil Partnership
10. Working in partnership
ESCC intends that the licensing of Approved Premises should work as a partnership between the County Council and the venue. Each works individually and together within the partnership to promote civil ceremonies and to provide couples with a unique and memorable ceremony.
Registration staff will:
- Notify the Responsible Person(s) on duty of their arrival at the premises and liaise with them over the arrangements for the ceremony.
- Abide by any rules and regulations affecting the building and/or property provided that they do not conflict with:
• ESCC’s Requirements and Conditions for Approved Premises for Civil Marriages and Civil Partnerships
• Regulations and/or the Code of Practice issued by the Registrar General
• The various Marriage Acts and Regulations
• The Civil Partnerships Act and Regulations
• Their statutory responsibilities.