Applying for a disabled person's bus pass
Walking disability (Category D)
You will be eligible if
- you are unable to walk at all.
- you can only get about by swinging through crutches (long term).
- you are unable to walk more than 64 metres without severe discomfort.
- it takes an excessive amount of time to walk a short distance. For example it takes 5 minutes to walk 100 metres.
- the exertion required to walk would either
- constitute a danger to your life
- or would be likely to lead to serious deterioration in your health.
This must be a substantial disability that means the applicant cannot walk or which makes walking very difficult.
Full guidance and evidence form
Walking disability guidance and evidence form (Category D) [290.7 KB] [pdf]