Applying for a disabled person's bus pass
Refusal of driving licence/unable to drive due to medical reasons (Category G)
If you are over 16 applications can be made if you are unable to drive for medical reasons.
You may be eligible if you have:
- epilepsy which is not under control
- a severe mental disorder
- a learning disability not covered by category F
- diabetes where you have hypos
- a visual impairment not covered by category A
You should not apply if you:
- currently hold a full or provisional driving licence
- cannot hold a licence due to the persistent misuse of drugs and/or alcohol.
Records may be shared with the DVLA for the purpose of fraud prevention.