Applying for a disabled person's bus pass
What do I need to apply?
To apply you will need the following:
- proof of your disability
- proof of your address
- a photograph of you.
If you are sending these documents please only send photocopies. East Sussex County Council cannot accept any responsibility for items that are mislaid in the post. No documentation will be returned.
Proof of your disability
For a list of acceptable documents see the relevant section of this guide for the category that you intend to apply under.
Proof of your address in East Sussex
- a valid current driving licence (photocard only)
- a letter from Department of Work and Pensions (no more than 3 months old)
- a recent bank or credit card statement (no more than 3 months old)
- your current council tax bill
- a recent utility bill (no more than 3 months old).
If your main home is not in East Sussex, you should apply for a bus pass to the local authority where you usually live.
You will need one passport style/sized colour photograph of your head and shoulders with a single coloured background.
Head wear, unless specified for religious or medical purposes, and tinted glasses are not to be worn.