Eastbourne household waste recycling site
The site is open as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4pm
Friday: 9am to 3.30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 12 noon
Bank Holidays: Closed
Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve: Close at 1pm.
Please don’t queue outside the site before it opens in the morning.
At busy times the main gates may be closed up to 45 minutes before the published closing time to clear vehicles already queuing on site.
One and half miles east of Eastbourne town centre, off St Philip’s Avenue, BN22 8NB
From Eastbourne town centre go east on Seaside (A259) towards Lottbridge Drove and Pevensey Bay.
After a mile and a half turn left into Churchdale Road. At the first mini-roundabout, turn left into St Philip’s Avenue and the entrance to the site is just on the left hand side.
There is currently no right hand turn permitted into the entrance if approaching the site along St Philip’s Avenue from the fire station.
- The site accepts household waste from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Soil, hardcore and plasterboard are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Bonded asbestos is accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 6 bags or 4 sheets are accepted per calendar month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic. In order to monitor and enforce this monthly limit the staff will record the name, address and vehicle registration of all residents bringing asbestos to the site.
- Tyres are accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 4 tyres are accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Any one who does not pay the charges on site will be invoiced the disposal plus administration costs via Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown vehicle tracing scheme.
- No vehicle height restrictions. This site has a manned entrance and staff may refuse access to unsuitable vehicles/waste.
- Vans are permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only. Van drivers must bring their driving licence and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- No trailers (this is under review).
- Pedestrian access is permitted via a dedicated entrance for local residents arriving by foot for the last hour of the day only, providing the queue for vehicles does not extend onto the main road at that time. There is no parking outside or near the site for oversize or other vehicles. It is therefore not permitted to park outside or near the site and bring waste into the site on foot.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- This site is located in a residential area. Please be considerate of our neighbours by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum and not blocking driveways.
St Philip's Avenue
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.