Mountfield household recycling site
This site is open as follows:
Monday to Sunday: 9am to 4pm
Bank Holidays: Open usual hours (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: Close at 1pm
The site is on London Road (A2100), between Battle and John’s Cross, TN32 5LX
Take the London Road (A2100) towards Robertsbridge for 3 miles. The site is on the right opposite the entrance to British Gypsum, as the road dips towards the level crossing.
From John’s Cross/A21:
Go towards Battle. You will pass over a level crossing. The site is on the left opposite the entrance to British Gypsum.
- The site accepts household waste from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Soil and hardcore are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Any one who does not pay the charges on site will be invoiced the disposal plus administration costs via Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown vehicle tracing scheme.
- Vans are only permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Van drivers must bring their driving licence and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only. The only exception is for Blue badge holders with taller vehicles who will be permitted entrance on any day, provided they meet the other site requirements and are able to show their Blue badge.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- No trailers (this is under review).
- No pedestrian access.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.