1. Home
  2. Adult social care and health
  3. Benefits
  4. Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme (DESSS)

Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme (DESSS)

Latest: DESSS scheme

Please be aware that we can no longer help with rent payments, furniture or white goods.

2. Can I get help?

You have to live in East Sussex (which does not include Brighton & Hove). You must be aged 16 years or over.

You must either have a low income or receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

If you are able to cover this need yourself or there is another way that you could do so, DESSS will not be able to help you.