Apply for a Blue Badge
If you are disabled you can apply for a Blue Badge to help you park close to your destination. The badge costs £10.
You can use a Blue Badge as a driver or as a passenger. You do not need to own your own car.
Before you apply, check if you are eligible for a Blue Badge.
About the application process
It usually takes around 8 to 10 weeks to deal with a new application, unless your application is incomplete or requires further assessment.
- You need to submit all mandatory documents and a photo.
- If you apply online and provide a current email address, you will be kept updated about the progress of your application.
- If you would prefer to apply using a paper application form, see below.
For details about what you need to do, see the Blue Badge application process.
More on Blue Badges
- Blue Badge application process
- Am I eligible for a Blue Badge?
- Renewing your Blue Badge
- Returning a Blue Badge
- Report misuse of a Blue Badge
- Lost or stolen badges
- Disabled parking bays
If you have any queries about the application process, you can email us:
Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode if you contact us about an application you have already submitted.
Paper application forms
It’s quicker to apply online, but you can also download and print the application form. Please note, this form can only be printed and completed by hand.
- Blue Badge application form [317.1 KB] [pdf]
- Blue Badge guidance for the paper form [340.8 KB] [pdf]
Organisations that provide paper forms
These organisations hold paper application forms and can also help you with filling them in:
The following places have application forms but cannot help you to complete them:
Unfortunately we cannot send application forms in the post.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.