Recruitment, workforce and wellbeing
Join Social Care was set up to fast-track recruitment into the adult social care sector. Candidates can record a video interview and access free training supported by Skills for Care before starting employment. Registered providers can search for candidates in their local area and view their video interviews before starting DBS checks and training processes, and make conditional offers.
Induction training for staff and volunteers
Skills for care are offering funded online induction training to support induction of staff and volunteers via endorsed training providers.
Right to work checks
Coronavirus: right to work checks provides advice for employers carrying out right to work checks
Sussex care homes BAME staff network
Sussex Care Homes BAME Staff Network has been set up to provide a place for care home staff to bring new perspectives and fresh ideas that help drive change and progress. In this space, staff will be able to:
- celebrate a range of diversity through social events and activities
- make new friends with other BAME care home workers in Sussex
- reflect on the last few months and how the pandemic has made an impact on our lives and our communities
- access peer support through discussions about lived experiences
- receive guidance and signposting to appropriate services, if desired
- work with employers to ensure that BAME staff have a consistent and positive experience in the home(s) they work in
How to join
All care home staff, including BAME-allies are encouraged to join. Just email: email@example.com
Free digital support
Digital Social Care has set up a helpline to support the adult social care sector with using technology. Their team of digital experts can give practical advice, troubleshoot a technical problem or offer one-to-one support.
Phone 0208 133 3430 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellbeing at work
Wellbeing at Work is a new website for employers produced by our Public Health team. It contains free resources and toolkits to help improve wellbeing in the workplace,