Adapting your home

Home adaptations include grab rails, ramps and stair lifts. These make it easier for you to access or get around your home.

If you need help to adapt your home, then please contact us:

How to apply

Once you have contacted us, we will carry out an Occupational Therapy assessment. This will identify what is suitable to meet your needs.

Minor adaptations costing under £1,000 are provided free of charge via Adult Social Care.

If your assessment shows you need larger adaptations to your home, we will work with your local district or borough council to arrange this.

For major home adaptations, such as level access showers and stair lifts, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant. This funding is means-tested and can pay for some or all of the cost of the work needed.

Find out more about home adaptations from your local district or borough council:

If you rent your home via a housing association or local council, you still need to be assessed by an Occupational Therapist first. They will make the referral to the appropriate agency.

Paying for your own adaptations

If you want to pay for your own adaptations, you can find providers using our directories:

East Sussex 1Space

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.