Keep warm and well
Find out how to keep warm and well at home in East Sussex:
Warm home check service
Our warm home check service is available all year round. It offers advice and support to anyone who struggles to keep warm at home. If you are on a low income, you may also qualify for a free COVID-secure home visit which includes:
- advice on getting help to pay for heating
- an assessment of your home to identify how to keep warm
- small works such as improving insulation or repairing boilers
- emergency temporary heating
Installation of central heating system upgrades or home insulation is also possible subject to eligibility and limited availability.
Funding from the government’s Green Homes Grant scheme means that the service is now able to offer eligible households a range of fully funded home insulation or low carbon heating improvements.
This service is provided by RetrofitWorks and the Citizens Advice East Sussex. To find out more, enquire online, text WARM to 81400 or telephone 0344 411 1444.
Who can apply
To be offered a home visit you need to:
1) Own your own property or rent it privately (in East Sussex) and have the owner’s permission to do the work
a) be on a low income and be:
- either living with a long term health condition; or
- living with a disability
(the income threshold for eligibility depends on the size of your household)
b) be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Pension Guarantee Credit and/or Pension Savings Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- If you claim Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit then your eligibility will depend on your income
Other ways to get help
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.