Help to keep warm and well
Our free winter home check service is available all year round. It includes:
- an assessment of your home to identify how to keep warm
- small works such as improving insulation or repairing boilers
- emergency temporary heating
- advice on getting help to pay for heating.
Installation of replacement boilers, central heating systems or home insulation is also possible subject to eligibility and limited availability.
This service is provided by Osborne Energy. Phone free on 0800 085 1674 to arrange a visit.
Who can apply
For this free service you need to:
1) Own your own property or rent it privately (in East Sussex) and have the owner’s permission to do the work.
a) be on a gross income of less than £16,010 a year and be:
- either diagnosed with a long term condition
- or living with a diagnosed disability
b) be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (and your income is £15,860 or less)
- Working Tax Credit (and your income is £15,860 or less) – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Universal Credit – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income Support – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance – plus the support or work related element, or one of the extra conditions below.
For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:
- you’re responsible for a child under 16 (or under 20 if they’re in education or training)
- you get Disabled Child Premium
- you get Disability Premium
- you get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- you get Pensioner Premium
- you’re 60 or over (only if you get Working Tax Credit).
- your household includes five or more family members